We’re ALWAYS banging on about how followers and likes don’t really matter in the grand scheme of things. So why do we really care? Well… one reason, we can now add links to our Instagram stories…which minimises the risk of losing potential sales by asking followers to follow directions to our Instagram bio, for one reason. For us 10k = potentially more sales but also = more amazing business owners to chat to and connect with, which we’re MOST excited about!
SO what you’re REALLY here for. Buckle in because we have some action-packed tips ready for you to try out, which is how we reached 10k followers below:
Keep it real
When we started sharing our past struggles, how we overcame them and our triumphs, we noticed an instant uplift in engagement. This resulted in an influx in followers. Below are a few ways we’ve done this:
- Allowing our personalities to be seen by showing our faces in Instagram stories by jumping in to give our opinion on trending topics and the latest news
- Celebrating client and biz wins and milestones
- Sharing fun facts about us personally and allowing our followers to connect by establishing similarities
Provide value, inspiration and entertainment
You’ve probably heard this a 1000 times, because it’s true. So this is how we do it:
- We post at least 1 tip or trick a week (it has to be actionable or super helpful)
- We post at least 1 inspirational quote a week (we aim to empower and motivate women in biz)
- We post at least 1 entertaining post or quote a week (because it encourages sharing amongst a wider network + nobody likes boring content).
Engagement is key
We spend AT LEAST 30 mins a day engaging with our followers. So what does “engaging with our followers” even mean? Well for us, it looks a little like this:
- Replying to EVERY comment on our posts (except the emoji’s – soz guys) with a min 3-word response
- Replying to EVERY DM
- Commenting on our follower’s posts with positive or insightful feedback or reinforcement comments
- Replying to stories that we think are HILARIOUS or super insightful
- Sharing followers posts to our stories that we think are super valuable (or so funny we know we need everyone to see it)
- Finding new followers that fit our ideal customer to follow, and leaving them with a little positive comment from us
- Following back accounts that are relevant to our ideal customer
- Cheering on our fave biz accounts
We’ve been lucky enough to get involved with some amazing biz babes (Clare Wood we’re looking atchu) who have featured us on their websites or had us feature on their socials to chat about all things social media. This has been BRILLIANT exposure, and we could not recommend doing this more!
We’re a part of a lot of amazing groups like LMBDW where we have had the opportunity to share our socials, blogs and biz. This has been a FANTASTIC way to meet other like-minded biz owners and expand our reach to new potential opportunities. If you’re not already in groups like this, we could not recommend jumping on that ship highly enough.
Using relevant hashtags
We’re big believers in using all 30 hashtags (because you can right, so why not use them all?), and using highly relevant ones. We recently did a big audit of our hashtags and we’re only using the most relevant, sectioned into specific groups for the content that we post, that will appeal to the audience that the content is about. It has worked WONDERS in attracting the right audience (instead of the spammy kind).
There you have it. All of our dirty little secrets as to how we grew our following to 10k over 2 years (without bots) but with a lot of love and a solid community behind us.
We hope you found this blog super useful & we’ll catch you over on Insta!