Ready to conquer LinkedIn and take your marketing efforts to the next level? We’ve got some exciting news for you! LinkedIn has recently made significant updates to its algorithm in response to user feedback. The goal is to reduce irrelevant, non-professional content and highlight more valuable, insightful, and expert-driven posts. So, grab your virtual highlighter, because we’re about to break down the key elements and best practices that will help you navigate the LinkedIn algorithm with ease!
1. Goodbye, Non-Professional Content:
Say farewell to posts designed to game the system and content that feels more at home on Facebook. LinkedIn noticed an influx of laid-back conversation content during the pandemic when our personal and professional lives merged. They want to correct this by prioritizing high-quality, professional content that resonates with your audience, and take it back to basics.
2. Embrace Your First-Degree Connections:
LinkedIn knows that the most valuable content comes from people you know. That’s why they’re emphasising updates from your direct connections and the users you follow in your feed. Stay connected, and your content will have a better chance of reaching the right audience.
3. Expert Knowledge and Advice Rule:
Want to be recognized as an expert in your field? LinkedIn’s algorithm is now keen on identifying your interests based on your profile information and activity. When users within your niche engage with your posts, it’s a clear signal that you’re sharing relevant and valuable material. Engaging in meaningful conversations and avoiding one-word comments can also boost your post reach!
4. Share Your Insights, Not Just Reposts:
LinkedIn is all about promoting originality. They want you to share your unique opinions and advice instead of just reposting content. Be a thought leader and share your valuable insights—it’s the key to standing out!
5. Categories Are Your Friends:
LinkedIn is working on categorizing content into relevant topics to match it with interested users. This means generic observations might not get the same attention as your expert opinion. The more you share, the better the algorithm can understand your niche and target your audience accordingly.
The LinkedIn algorithm updates are a logical step towards improving the platform’s content quality and user experience. But of course, fine-tuning this process is a work in progress. They’ve seen a significant increase in content shared and viewed, which indicates that they are moving in the right direction.
6. Put The Focus On Hashtags:
LinkedIn is amping up their focus on hashtags. With a new focus on highlighting relevant topics to interested users, LinkedIn will be looking for your hashtags to show them to the people wanting to consume your content. So pop a few highly relevant hashtags in your posts to get categorised and seen by more people.
Give me 🔥 some tips
Now, let’s explore the results from the 4th Annual LinkedIn Algorithm Research Report – 2022, to get more insights and tips on how to leverage the algorithm for your small business:
- Keep It Moderate and Meaningful: When posting, limit the number of mentioned accounts to 15, use a maximum of 10 emojis (with no more than 4 per line), and keep your text between 1200 and 1800 characters. These moderation practices ensure that your content stays relevant and engaging.
- Engage, Engage, Engage: Responsiveness is crucial! Answer comments within 12 hours, generate engagement within the first 90 minutes after posting and avoid changing your post within the first 10 minutes after publication. These actions signal that you’re actively participating in the conversation.
- Timing and Format Matter: Publish on Tuesday morning after 08:00, use PDF infographics, stick to a concise number of hashtags (around 3), and consider enabling creator mode. These tactics can help increase your content’s visibility and impact.
By following these best practices and tips, you’ll be well on your way to mastering the LinkedIn algorithm. Remember, it’s all about sharing valuable insights, engaging with your audience, and staying authentic. Just like Elle Woods in “Legally Blonde” proved her worth and brilliance, you too can shine on LinkedIn by being genuinely you!
So, go ahead, create compelling content, connect with your audience, and watch your small business grow on LinkedIn. Best of luck, and remember, the LinkedIn algorithm is on your side! Happy networking! 🎉🤝